- Jobs and Volunteering
- Read 286 times
Family and Community Worker - Lliswerry Baptist Newport
Lliswerry Baptist Church Newport are looking to appoint a half-time Family and Community Worker to support and develop outreach with a particular focus on younger families.
Purpose of the position:
To support and develop outreach at Lliswerry Baptist Church with a particular focus on younger families.
God’s leading with guidance from the minister and deacons.
- Supporting the development and implementation of church mission.
- Encourage, participate in and support the church community in offering welcome, hospitality and building relationships.
- To help to develop gifts in others to look to build up a team in this area.
- Develop new activities as required in our mission to younger families and individuals
- Work with our Minister to maintain and develop links with schools.
- Work alongside and support volunteers from our existing groups to help develop those activities.
- To look to engage with the asylum seekers in the community.
- Raise the profile of the church in the local community.
The church will look to provide –
- Expenses (Travel mileage)
- Training opportunities
- The church currently owns a flat which could be offered for accommodation.
- Part time (15-20 hours)
- Subject to references/DBS
Further details can be found at www.lliswerrybaptist.org.uk