- News Stories
- Read 222 times
Cardiff Foodbank - your generosity is making a difference!
The Trustees and Foodbank team as so very grateful for your partnering with them to pray for the work of Cardiff Foodbank.
They are particularly thankful for the following recent developments :
- Sara Redwood, who joined us at the beginning of March, as our new part-time administrator.
- Many generous donations at our recent quiz night held in March where we raised £400 as well as adding several regular donors committed to give financially each month.
- For all the regular and corporate volunteers who have been helping us weigh all the food in the warehouse for our annual stock-take – not for the feint-hearted! Due to very generous food donations in recent months the task is not a simple or easy one.
- Opportunities to partner with agencies across the city, seeking to meet the needs of the vulnerable.
- For our clients who come to our distribution centres each week. Many have multiple issues and heart-breaking stories. Pray that when the food is given they will sense the hope and love of Jesus as they chat to our volunteers.
- For wisdom in making the right decisions when dealing with the increase in need brought about by welfare system changes, personal life crises or simply trying to make ends meet when wages are low.
- For opportunities to continue to raise funds to keep the work going long term. Praying the Lord will direct our paths.
With thanks form
The Foodbank Team